Photo by XiXinXing/iStock / Getty Images


Food Manager's Certificate  - All food businesses/owners/managers must have at least one employee who has a Food Managers Certificate -- required by the City of Austin / Travis County Health Department.  

Food Handler's Certificate - All employees, if any, of your food business must have a Food Handler’s Certificate per the City of Austin Health Department.  (If you have Food Manager's you do not also need Food Handler's).

Capital Kitchens Operating Agreement - This is the contractual Terms and Conditions related to using Capital Kitchens' facility.  Mobile Food Vendors also have a similar agreement to sign with us.  

Capital Kitchens' Policy Handbook - You will sign off as having received and read this handbook.  Your signature signifies acceptance of all of the policies contained therein.

Security Deposit - $300 - refundable after 30 days of non-use

Insurance  -- A certificate of insurance showing a minimum of $1,000,000 commercial general liability insurance with CAPITAL KITCHENS LLC listed as an additional insured.  Client must maintain such policy for the duration of any kitchen use.

12 Hour Minimum per month -- You must prepay your monthly minimum.  This minimum monthly amount of $348 (for cooking clients) or $276 (for prep-only businesses) must be paid upon signing up with Capital Kitchens.  These 12 hours are counted as part of your your monthly usage. We also require a 3-mo. minimum.


Application for a Food Enterprise Permit - A permit issued by the Health Department necessary for you to operate a food-related business.  We must receive a copy of this permit.  You must have an agreement with us BEFORE you apply for this permit with the City of Austin (Under the new City of Austin regulations as of 11/1/18 these prices vastly vary and the fee schedule is HERE).

Request for Change of Ownership Inspection - This inspection is required by the Austin/Travis County Health Department, paid for by the permit applicant, and should be submitted at the same time as the Application for a Food Enterprise Permit (Under the new City of Austin regulations as of 11/1/18 this price varies).

Send the Application for a Food Enterprise Permit and the Request for Change of Ownership Inspection to the City of Austin Health Department or drop them off in person to the Health Department at 1520 Rutherford Lane. They will contact you directly to arrange for a Change of Ownership  inspection time.

***Our facilities host a limited number of food & BEVERAGE COMPANIES. Contact us to inquire about availability***